Teal Finance Ltd (“We”, “Our”, “Teal Finance”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The Teal Finance website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
We are a registered controller (ZA342839) with the ICO and responsible for your personal information.
Our contact details
We are incorporated under the laws of England & Wales, with the company number 11305739. Our registered address is Studio 9 Netherconesford, 93-95 King Street, Norwich, NR1 1PW. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our mailing address Studio 9 Netherconesford, 93-95 King Street, Norwich, NR1 1PW.
Personal information that we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you and process the following information about you:
- Identity information – such as your first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title and date of birth. We require a proof of identity and address to qualify the identity information you provide. These documents are removed once checked.
- Contact information – such as your postal address, email address and telephone numbers. Financial information – such as your payment card details, income range and credit checks for financial institutions.
- Transaction information – such as details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical information – such as information from your visits to our website, your browser type and version, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile information – such as your username and password, orders made by you, your interests, preferences and feedback.
- Usage information – including information about how you use our website and services. Any other information relating to you, which you may provide to us.
- Marketing and communications – including your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
If you fail to provide personal information to us where we need to collect it by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How we collect your personal information
We use different methods to collect information from and about you including through:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website tealfinance.co.uk, when you create an account with us, when you register or visit us in one of our venues or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, our subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our website, participate in discussion boards or other social media channels on our website, enter a competition, promotion or survey, when you report a problem with our website or when you join any marketing scheme.
Information we collect about you
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect the following information:.
Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any contact details provided.
Information we receive from other sources
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we use your personal information
We use information held about you in a number of ways in the provision of our services as follows:
- To administer and protect our business and website, including troubleshooting, auditing and monitoring its use.
- Data analysis, system maintenance and support and survey processes.
- To register new customers of our business who have signed up to or opened an account on our platform.
- To send email/mobile alerts to registered users.
- To process your order including managing payments, fees and charges.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide and improve our services to you.
- To deliver relevant website content.
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
We use your personal information on the following bases:
- To perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual to provide our services.
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, such as:
- To keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products or services.
- To develop our products, services and grow our business.
- To inform and update our marketing strategy.
- For running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email. If you receive marketing communications from us and no longer wish to do so you may unsubscribe at the bottom of our marketing emails. For system messages, you can manage your preferences via your account on our platform.
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have opted in of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original legal basis.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Sharing your personal information
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, and we don’t pass on your details to other websites. The only exception is for the secure services we use. Examples include but may not be limited to:
Customer relationship managers and business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our under this policy, in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
How we protect your personal information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Sending information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data while it’s in transit. However, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificates to ensure your data is encrypted during transit.
Any data you send is at your own risk. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it. All data on our servers are fully encrypted.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means. We also take into account legal and regulatory requirements which require the retention of personal information for a minimum period of time, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and Estateducation Ventures Ltd’s general business purposes.
International transfers of your personal information
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
Your rights regarding your personal information
You have certain rights under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulations and other data protection laws in relation to your personal information. You can:
- Request access to your personal information and how we process it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Ask us to delete your personal information.
- Object to us processing your personal information.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to you or to a third party.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information.
However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide our services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
Please submit all requests to email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 3 business days.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the tealfinance.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to tealfinance.co.uk from another website